September 25, 2011

Go With God's Destiny For Your Life

Go with God's Destiny for Your Life
by Rick Warren


"From now on, every generation will call me blessed! For he, the Mighty One, is holy, and he has done great things for me. And God will show his mercy to every generation who will worship and serve him." Luke 1:48b-50 (NLT/NCV)
"If you ignore God in order to follow your own plan for your life, I'll tell you, you're on your own."

Mary knew that faith and obedience are the keys to God's blessing, so she chose to go with God's destiny for her life.

Now, as I pastor, I want God to bless your life. I want him to bless you spiritually. I want him to bless you financially. I want him to bless your career and family and relationships and health. But if you have a plan for your life, I'll tell you, you're on your own.

God is not going to bless your plan. God did not put you on earth to live for yourself. He put you on earth for something much bigger than that. And when you go with his plan for your life, he will bless it.

Mary could sing about God's plan for her life because she was excited about it; even though it would cause her problems, people would misunderstand her, and she would be accused of wrongdoing, Mary trusted God. She knew God would bless her and that generations to come would remember what God did through her.

Guess what? The same thing is true of your life too. What you do with your life will be remembered not just on earth but in eternity forever and ever.

Could Mary have said no to God's destiny for her life? Yes. God never forces you to go with his plan because he wants you to choose to love him. That's why he gave you free will instead of making you a puppet. That's why the vast majority of people miss God's destiny. They choose to go their own way instead of saying, like Mary, "whatever you want to do with me, I'm your servant and I accept your destiny for my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment