December 22, 2010

Chapter 2011

Wow, I cannot believe Christmas is almost here! Time sure has flown by! A New Year is just around the corner and I'm so excited to see what 2011 will bring! Life has been an amazing ride for me and I anticipate the ride will only get better from here on out.

As the new year approaches, I start to think about what goals I have for next year! What changes do I want to make within myself. I feel like 2010 was a successful year for the goals I had going into it. I spent New Year's Eve at home in my room last year and I spent the amazing evening with God. I have never stayed at home on New Year's Eve and I was kinda scared I would regret it and wished I had gone out and had fun with my friends BUT I didn't. It was actually one of the greatest nights of my life. It was peaceful and I really sat and reflected on my life and on the past years and I sat and reflected with God. I spent the evening in prayer and reading my Bible. It truly was an amazing way to start the New Year.

This year, I won't be spending it that way but I do want to take a moment to reflect on my last year. 2010 has been a good year overall for me. Sure I had set backs and disappointments, health issues, and heartache. Even through those bad times, I had joy and an unexplainable peace. I have come so far from where I was this time last year. I had just moved back to Arkansas and I was literally trying to get back on my feet. I grew a lot this last year and I have gone through so many positive changes.  I have gotten back on my feet )for the most part) and have met so many amazing people.  This year I also met an amazing guy who I was blessed enough to share most of 2010 with. I first laid eyes on him in February and he has had my heart ever since. I am so excited to spend 2011 with him and I cannot wait to see what this next year brings us.

There are so many goals I have for the next year. I have goals that will help me grow internally and externally. My main goal is to strive to always be positive. I have gotten a lot better about this but I do still tend to not speak the way I know I should. It is so important for us to speak good into others and ourselves. We must learn to speak "Heaven's Language". We must learn to talk like people in Heaven do. I imagine them speaking only good and kindness. I imagine that they never grumble or complain. I imagine that they never talk of others faults or put others down. I imagine that they never speak negative of others behind their back. My main goal next year is to always draw attention to what is good. I want to be somebody who speaks graciously and lovingly.

My other goals are goals that I have had for so many years. I used to get upset that they weren't being accomplished until I felt the Lord tell me that it just hasn't been the right season for me. I wanted to run a marathon this year but I kept running into health issues. This year, hopefully it will be my time and my season for that goal. I also so badly want to go on a mission trip. I have a huge heart for mission work and I know God is preparing me and when He is ready for me to take that adventure then I know He will open the doors. I hope it is this year that this happens! I also want to complete my second book and it be ready for publishing in 2011. I want to learn more about photography and continue to grow in that passion.

I also have hopes for my relationships this next year. I really feel like I have been growing more and more each moment and during this growth, I have started to really look into each of my relationships. I prayed this morning that God help me to discern which relationships are the right ones to nourish and which ones are the ones that are ok to let dissolve. It hurts my heart when I think about friendships dissolving but I know that God does have a season for some friendships. Not everybody in our life can be lifers and only very few should have a first row seat to our life. I have learned this the hard way but nonetheless, it is a lesson I have learned. So, with that being said, I have a goal to surround myself with the people I am supposed to be surrounded by and to be able to let go of the ones that God intended only to be there for a season. This is important to me because throughout the years, I have realized that I wasted a lot of time on the wrong people and did not nourish the right relationships. That is a mistake that I intend on never making again.

I have an amazing group of friends but I have to admit, I miss the group of girlfriends like I have back in Texas. I hope to be able to establish that tight group of girlfriends here in Arkansas. I know so many amazing girls and have so many great girlfriends but none that are a tight bonded circle of girlfriends and I hope this year that I am able to be a part of something so special! I have prayed that God help put this into action for me! I know so many girls who need that strong bond and yes, I am one of them!

I am looking forward to a new year and I pray for everybody reading this to have an amazing new year as well!!!!

Merry Christmas!

You can read my blog Chapter 2010 to get a glimpse of where I was last year!!!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment