March 22, 2011

Day 7: Love Believes The Best


"Love believes all things, hopes all things." 1 Corinthians 13:7

Day 7 was an amazing challenge for me and happened to be one of the "rude" qualities Bejan discussed with me on Day 5.  So, this gave me an opportunity to really look into that "rude" quality. 

"Love chooses to believe the best about people.  It gives them the benefit of the doubt.  It refuses to fill in the unknowns with negative assumptions."

Oh how I loved this day.  I tend to think the worst in certain situations and a lot of that comes from insecurities.  I sometimes get the "they are all out to get me" mentality and become very protective of myself.  I easily shut down in certain situations and will just think the worst.  Although, I am typically a positive person, it's amazing how negative I can be when it comes to the thought of somebody actually treating me well and not simply want to love me and want me happy. 

"It's time to start thinking differently.  It's time to let love lead your thoughts and your focus."
"You must develop the habit of reining in your negative thoughts and focusing on the positive attributes of your mate."
Love believes the best.  We all make mistakes but that should never overshadow the amazing qualities that we see in our loved ones.  I dare you to believe the best today!

No comments:

Post a Comment