March 29, 2011

Day 8: Love Is Not Jealous



I stayed in my love walk over the last week, however, I didn't read or write in my Love Journal. It was a tough week last week as my boss sadly lost his son and so my heart was preoccupied with grief and prayer for the Moses Family. During this time of grief I witnessed such a faith in God from the Moses Family that I have NEVER seen in my life. This family totally exhibited what faith in Christ really is! I couldn't have been more blessed by their love for Xaiver and for their amazing God.

"If you're not careful, jealousy slithers like a viper into your heart and strikes your motivations and relationships."

I learned a while back what jealousy can do. It eats at one's soul and can literally change somebody's personality.

"If you don't diffuse your anger by learning to love others, you may eventually begin plotting against them. The Bible says that envy leads to fighting, quarreling, and every evil thing (James 3:16, 4:1-2)."

So many quarrels between people are rooted from jealousy. I look back on many of my arguments with girlfriends and I realize that one or the other rooted these arguments through jealousy. Love is about cheering one another on through good times and supporting one another through bad times. Life isn't a competition. Life is a gift to be shared with people we care about.

Love is about encouragement and support. Love is happy for successes and not jealous. I dare you to not be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment