April 7, 2011

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory


So, it is really hard to boil down all of the wonderful memories in my life to just one favorite memory so I did pick one of my favorite ones.  This picture is from the last time I saw my Great Aunt, Sister Celine.  She is such an amazing woman.  As you can tell, she is a nun AKA AMAZING woman of God!  This particular visit with her was really special to me and I think a lot of it was because I was a lot older than the last time I saw her and I have really learned how to appreciate my visits with her and I hung on her every word.  She showed me pictures of my real grandfather and told me stories of him.  My Mom's biological father was killed in a car accident when she was a little girl, so my sister and I never heard any stories about him or really knew anything about him.  I loved hearing stories about them when they were little and funny stories about his teenage years.  It was really a sweet moment.  I realized that day how much she missed him and how special their relationship was to her.  It's so amazing that no matter how long somebody is gone.....we never forget them or forget how they made us feel.  I'm so honored to have this woman in my life and to have her blood run through me!!!  This is definitely a favorite memory of mine that I will always cherish!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment