April 17, 2011

God Is A Caring Father

God Is a Caring Father
by Rick Warren


"Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
Does God care about your house payment, your health, whether you are a success or failure in life, your children and the education they get, whether you ever get married or not, about the argument you had with your boyfriend, or about how you feel this morning? God says, "You bet I care! I am a caring Father."

At one time or another, you've probably been in a situation where you've asked, "Doesn't God care?" The disciples asked this very question in Mark 4.

They were out in a boat on the lake when the winds and the waves came up. The water started sloshing over the boat and it began to fill with water. Jesus was sleeping. The disciples woke Him up and asked the most important question you can ever ask, "Jesus, don't you care that we're drowning?" (Mark 4:38 NLT)

What about you? Does God care about your house payment, your health, whether you are a success or failure in life, your children and the education they get, whether you ever get married or not, about the argument you had with your boyfriend, or about how you feel this morning? God says, "You bet I care! I am a caring Father."

Matthew 6:31-32 says, "So do not worry saying, 'What shall we eat? ... or what shall we wear? ... Your heavenly Father knows that you need these things." The next verse goes on to say, "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." (NIV)

Scripture says that God is interested in every little detail of your life. That's so incredible I don't think it even sinks in. God is a caring God. He is concerned about every little detail in your life.

A while back, a man came into my office and said, "I'm a Christian but I don't feel like I'm going anywhere in my Christian life. I'm kind of stuck in neutral." I said, "What do you think the problem is?" He said, "I think my problem is I just don't love God enough." I said, "That's not your problem. Your problem is not that you don't love God enough. Your problem is that you don't understand how much He loves you."

Love is always a response to love. The Bible says, "We love because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19 NIV) When you say, "I don't love God," it's because you don't understand just how much He really loves you. He cares about every detail of your life. He is a compassionate, caring Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment