July 8, 2012

Stir Each Other Up

Stir Each Other Up by Joyce Meyer

I have three friends with whom I sometimes go to lunch or have coffee. We often talk about things God has put on our hearts to do for others or creative ideas for fresh ways to be a blessing. I believe conversations like this are very pleasing to God.

The idea of encouraging others to be aggressive in doing good works is not new. Hebrews 10:24 says we should consider one another in order to stir up love and good works. We should actually study and think about how we can stir others to do good works and loving, helpful deeds.

Following God by myself is powerful, but I find that it's so much more enjoyable with friends. I would like to challenge you to find like-minded people who want to follow God. Enlist people you know and invite them to a planning session on practical ways to live out a Christian life. Find ways that you can serve God and live out His love together.

Prayer Starter: Holy Spirit, connect me with the right friends who will help me follow You more. I want to live the Christian life with others, stirring each other up to live out God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment