October 23, 2010

day 28- a picture of you from last year and now, how have you changed since then?






So last year, I had moved back to NWA and was trying to start over once again.  I was living with my sister and brother-in-law in Rogers and started back up at Wal-Mart Home Office.  I was realizing lots of things about myself and trying to find myself through all of the changes I had gone through the year before.  I was trying to make God the center of my life again and was on a mission to really start becoming the woman I had always wanted to be.  I'm a work in progress and writing this really makes me realize how far I have come.  I was trying to financially get back on my feet again, trying to rebuild my self-confidence back up, coming out of yet another failed "relationship" and having to really dig deep inside at who I really am and what I really wanted out of life.  It was time to get over the "daddy" issues and the fear of being alone and realize that all I really needed to get me through was my faith and that the love of God would see me through anything.  I really needed to get myself together after a year of not working and being back home in Texas and living a lifestyle that I NEVER thought I would be back in.  I felt totally and utterly lost.

Now, a year later, my life is stable and peaceful and HAPPY!  I am getting ready to graduate and will be going back for my Masters, on a good career path at Wal-Mart (finally knowing what I want to do), back on top of my writing, finally dove into photography and hoping to keep moving forward with that, I have an amazing boyfriend who brings out the best in me, my relationship with God is the strongest it ever has been....the list goes on with how much has changed.  My outlook on life and on my past!  I am able to finally take ownership of even the awful things that happened in my past....I am able to take ownership of who I am and finally be proud of who I am as a person!  I'm a work in progress and I hope the changes NEVER end!

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living."

No comments:

Post a Comment