November 20, 2010

We Can't Sneak Anything Past God

We can't sneak anything past God
by Rick Warren


My sins, O God, are not hidden from you; you know how foolish I have been. Psalm 69:5 (Good News)
"God already knows all you've done wrong and He still loves you! "

I find it uncomfortable to realize I don't have any secrets from God because there are things about me I'd rather God not know. But the Bible says, "My sins, O God, are not hidden from you; you know how foolish I have been." (Psalm 69:5, Good News)

So we're foolish when we do something wrong and then try to sneak it past God, to stuff it in a closet and lock the door, but God even knows what's behind the locked door. (Proverbs 5:21)

Everything you think, everything you see, everything you do, everything you feel -- God knows all about it. He already knows all you've done wrong and He still loves you!

You're not fooling God when you keep your sins hidden. (1 John 1:8) He's not shocked by your sin and when you admit it to Him, it doesn't ever -- will never -- change the way He feels about you. He loves you unconditionally, and that means you don't have to fake it; you don't have to pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment