February 27, 2011

Day 1: Love Is Patient

Dare To Be Patient



"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Ephesians 4:2

I generally view myself as a patient person, that is until I was dared to be patient all day.  When you are challenged to go through a whole day of really thinking about being patient and thinking through things, you quickly realize how much we tend to let ourselves get frustrated or discouraged in a full day.  I am not one to yell or belittle anybody but I have been known to say something smarty pants when provoked, which sometimes can be just as damaging depending on what is said and the tone used. 

"See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another." 1 Thessalonians 5:15 
"Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger." James 1:19

Patience is peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment