October 7, 2011

No Opportunity Goes Wasted


So, I had some disappointments today but I also had some amazing God moments and blessings today!! It's amazing how some days I feel like it's just a tug of war between God and satan. The enemy tries to give me one blow with each blessing God gives me but I know God has my back!

So, those of you who are close to me know that I have battled several issues with my health. I have had at least one ovarian cyst rupture a year if not more (usually more)since I was 13, have been screened for ovarian cancer twice, and constantly have to battle different things with other "female" issues. This gives satan an outlet to throw fear into the mix. I hear his lies so many times "you will never be a Mom because of all these issues", "you will end up with cancer", "you should probably just let go of your dreams...." lies lies lies! Today I went to the doctor for test results for yet another batch of tests and screenings....CLEAR! God is good! I have to walk in faith and I can never allow the enemy to come in and attack my spirit by throwing lies and doubts in my head. I know my Daddy's got my back and I'm so blessed with prayer warriors in my life! :)

So, for those of you who have been praying for the mission trip to Mexico in November, thank you thank you thank you for the prayers and keep them coming for a mission trip in general because I will not be going to Mexico in November after all. I was so disappointed but then realized that God is so good to me that He will not waste an opportunity to work in my heart. Maybe I'm not fully ready for it, maybe there are more things He needs to work in me before sending me on such an important journey. I'm not sure of the why or how comes but I am sure that I don't need to know.....I just need to TRUST! So, Lord, I trust in you!

With all that being said, I have really learned some valuable lessons the last couple of days. With friendships/relationships in general. God has really been working in my heart and I praise Him so much for the lessons He gives me. He never wastes these opportunities to grow us. I am learning to love with the grace and mercy He loves me with. His love is so perfect that I have no other choice but to try and live life and love people with that same grace and mercy! How amazing would this world be if we all had that type of devotion to one another? I had a friend minister to my heart today and she doesn't even know it. I reached out to her to help her thinking I was the one that had something to feed her....turned out that it was the other way around. God never misses an opportunity! NEVER! Thank you God for bringing the people in my life at the exact right moments. YOUR moments.

God wants us to fight for Him, to be His mouth to speak with, His arms to love with, and His heart to show mercy and forgiveness with. We can't do that if our hearts are hardened to Him. His love and mercy are like no other and why shouldn't we spread that to others. We must work WITH Him to set the world on fire for Him! I'm so ready for the journey He is taking me on to really really start.....each day is a new door opened and each new person is a piece of Him brought into my life for some impactful moment! His timing is impeccable and everything about it is PERFECT!

It is a wonderful day indeed when we stop working FOR God and begin working WITH God. Food for thought......

No comments:

Post a Comment